We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time. If you want to make sure that you are up-to-date on our policy, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time we decide to make use of any personally identifying information on file in a manner different than what we stated when the information was initially collected, we will properly notify you by email.
Specifically, this policy will inform you of the following:
- what personally identifiable information is collected from our website;
- why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such a collection;
- how we use the collected information and with whom it will be shared;
- what choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- the security procedures in place to protect the misuse of information.
It is always up to you whether or not to disclose personally identifiable information to us. If you would like to not do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with products or services. There are certain kinds of information that we need in order to process your requests.
This website collects various types of information voluntarily provided by our customers and website visitors such as:
- Information including your name address, email address billing or credit card information which is used for you to purchase products or services and to have them delivered.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website which may include cookies, third-party tracking technologies or server logs.
In addition, Mediabook may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous information such as age, gender, what type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system which could assist us in providing and maintaining superior service.
Mediabook may also deem it necessary from time to time to research websites that our users may frequent to better understand what types of services and products may be most popular to our consumers and the general public. Mediabook will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys completed, membership forms, emails, and purchases. It is our intention to use this personal information only for the purpose which it was requested and specifically provided for this policy.
We collect your information for several reasons:
- To allow a purchase to be completed.
- To fulfill the legitimate interest in improving our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails or other information once we have your consent to do so.
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services requested.
- To contact you and conduct market research, and
- To customize our website according to online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The factors that help us determine the length of time we retain the information include:
- the length of time your personal information remains relevant;
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations;
- the timeframe within which claims might be made;
- any retention prescribed by the law;
- recommendations by regulators, professional bodies, or associations;
- the type of contract we have with you;
- the existence of your consent; and
- and our legitimate interest in keeping such information.
Mediabook does not now nor will it in the future, to our knowledge disclose, sell, rent, or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Mediabook may make use of personal information to assist the operation of our website and ensure the delivery of the services you need and request. At times we may find it necessary to use personal and confidential information as a means to keep you informed of other products or services that may be available to you.
Mediabook may also contact you to complete surveys or research questionnaires to see how you were interacting with our products and services.
Mediabook uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other interactive programs. These may collect IP addresses and/or require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers that are not within the control of Mediabook.
Mediabook may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- In other ways that you have consented;
- in the aggregate with other information so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce terms of service, or as necessary to maintain safeguard the rights and property of Mediabook.
Mediabook greatly respects your privacy and we maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes such as account issues, security breaches, or MediaBook products and services. In certain circumstances, we may use our website or other public means to post a notice.
Mediabook’s website is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of 13, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that information is deleted in our database or in the alternative that verifiable parental parental consent is obtained. Anyone under the age of 13 must obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters at any time.
To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website, please send an email stating that you wish to unsubscribe to [email protected].
If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites you must go to that specific website and opt-out with them. Mediabook will continue to adhere to this policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
International Customers and the EU
Mediabook operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union and sent to the United States.
The adequacy decision on the EU, US privacy became operational on August 1, 2016, and protects the fundamental rights of anybody within the European Union whose data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified by the US under the Privacy Shield. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to the storage and use as described in this policy.
Mediabook takes precautions to protect your information when you submit sensitive information via the website. Your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card information, for example) that information is transmitted to us in a secure way.
Our purchasing systems are from WooCommerce and all their security measures are implemented within our online store. While our online commerce uses Shopify security measures and secure check-out services, only employees who need your information to perform a specific job are granted access to that identifiable information. Computers and servers in which we store personal information are kept in a secure environment and everything is done to prevent any loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. Only employees who need your information are granted access to your information in a secure environment.
In addition, your continued use of our website following the posting of any updates or changes to our terms and conditions show me that you agree and accept such changes.
Website Privacy Use
You agree that you will not use the Site:
- for any illegal or unauthorized purposes that violate any local, national, or international laws (including import, export, copyright, and trademark laws);
- by modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, licensing, creating derivative works from, transferring, selling any of the Site Materials, unless otherwise authorized by these Terms or in a separate written agreement with Mediabook;
- for any use of data mining, scraping, robots, spiders, crawlers or any other data gathering or extraction tools, except to the extent the Site is indexed by general purpose consumer accessible search engines, including Google, Yahoo, or Bing; or
- by sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising.
You may use the Site and the Site Materials consistently with these Terms. Any other use of the Site or Site Materials, including the aforementioned unauthorized uses, without prior written permission of Mediabook is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge and agree that the unauthorized use of the Site or the Site Materials could cause irreparable harm to Mediabook and that in the event of such unauthorized use, Mediabook shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
User Content Submitted to the Site
Certain features of the Site may allow you to contribute comments, feedback, information, content, text, files, graphics, postings, and other materials and information for access, use, viewing and commentary by other users to the Site (“User Content”). By posting User Content, you represent that you have the full legal right to provide the User Content and that use of the User Content by the Site and all other persons and entities will not:
(a) infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or any rights of publicity, personality, or privacy of any person or entity, including as a result of your failure to obtain consent to post personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person.
(b) violate any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or agreement.
(c) constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party. Upon your submission of User Content or other material or information to Mediabook, you grant Mediabook a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, license to access, use, distribute, reproduce, display, modify, create derivative works based upon, and sublicense, the User Content, all without any compensation to you whatsoever.
If you believe that any content or postings on the Site violate your intellectual property or other rights, please contact [email protected]